Tomorrow shall be the 1st Rejab in the Islamic Lunar Calendar. It is the month of the creator, Allah (SWT).
Rejab is one of the four months declared sacred by Allah (SWT) in the Glorious Qur’an.
Special prayers and Aa’mal that can be prayed and carried out on any day or daily for this seventh month of Islamic lunar calendar delivered by the Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw):
1. The month of Rejab, in its superabundant favors and benefits, reverence and sanctity, is next to none. It is linked to Almighty Allah (SWT) as Sya’ban to the Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) and Ramadan to his Ummah (Muslim Community).
2. Who so observes fast (even one day) during the month of Rejab gets Allah’s pleasure. Allahhuakbar.
3. Ask forgiveness and turn repentant to Allah (SWT) as much as you can because mercy drops from the heaven like a gentle rain in the month of Rejab (also known as “As’abb” – pouring out, full of love and kindness).
4. Allah (SWT) shall forgive and have mercy on him who recites:
“Astaghfirulaahallad’ee Laa Ilaaha Ilaa Huwa Wah’dahoo La Shareeka Lahoo Wa Atoobu Ilayh”
(I ask forgiveness of Allah, who is “There is no God save He, and no other; has no partner”; and I turn repentant to Him)
at least 100 times (400 times will accrue more rewards), and recites “Laa Ilaaha Illallaah” 1000 times, during the month of Rejab, and gives alms or sadaqah in the name of Allah at the completion.
5. Recite Surah Al-Ikhlas at least 100 times (1000 or 10000 times will accrue more rewards) in the month of Rejab.
6. Keep fast on any day in the month of Rejab. So let’s start tomorrow.
The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) has said: “Rejab is a great month of Allah (SWT), unmatched by any other month in the respect and significance (accorded to it); war with the infidels during this month is prohibited; Verily, Rejab is Allah’s month, Sya’ban my month and Ramadan the month of my Ummah; whosoever fasts a day in the month of Rejab will be granted the great reward of Ridwan (an angel in heaven); the wrath of Allah (SWT) shall be distanced and a door of the Hell shall be closed.”
Fasting is one of the most recommended acts during this spiritual season. It becomes Wajib (obligatory) during the month of Ramadan, but is highly recommended during the months of Rejab and Sya’ban. As will be noted from the Hadith above and others to follow, fasting, be it for only one day during these months, is rewarded with untold bounties.
Hazrat Salman Al-Farsi narrates that Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) said that there is a day in the month of Rejab on which if a person fasts and does Qiyaamul Lail (night vigil) on that night, he will receive rewards like a person who fasts for 100 years and does Qiyaamul Lail for nights of 100 years. This night is the night of the 27th (Rejab) and the day of the 27th (Rejab). This is the day on which the Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) was appointed to Messenger hood.
Hazrat Salman Al-Farsi narrates that the Beloved of Allah, the Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) said “O Salman, there is no Mumin (True Believer) and Muminah (Truly Believing Female) who performs 30 Raka’ah in the month of Rejab and in each Raka’ah recites Surah Al-Fatihah once, Surah Al-Ikhlas 3 times, and Surah Al-Kafiroon 3 times that Allah (SWT) does forgive them their sins and bestows rewards upon them as upon a person who has fasted a whole month. He becomes among those who will be steadfast in their Salaat in the year which is to come. For him the deeds of the day are equal to that of the martyr. He will be raised with the Martyrs of the Holy Battle of Badr. For him is written for the fast of each day, one year’s worship. His station is raised 1000 times higher.
Ask forgiveness and turn repentant to Allah (SWT)If he fasts the entire month of Rajab and he performs this (above) Salaat, Allah (SWT) will give him salvation from the Hell Fire, make Wajib (obligatory) for him, His Paradise and bestow His Nearness upon him. Hazrat Jibril (Gabriel) informed me “O Muhammad this is the sign between you and the Mushrikeen (Polytheists) and the Munafiqun (Hypocrites) because the Munafiq does not perform this Salaat.”
Read more about the month of Rejab here:
- http://www.ashtech.com.my/bulanislam/Rejab.html in Bahasa Melayu. (my mother tongue)